Saturday, October 27, 2007

Auckland Takes it To the Max

So Today I rode this bike I rented from like the most hippyiest dude I ever talked to and rode around waiheke island out in auckland bay. It was like kelly's or middle bass island in lake erie except instead of glaciers its geologic origin involves volcanoes. There were vineyards wineries and beaches. It seemed like canada and the tropics as the foliage varied from palm to conifers There were some sweet trails but mostly I stuck to the roads, the steep winding roads. Like everything else in this hemisphere the bikes brakes were backwards with he rear tire on the left. Nearly killed me. I dont know if that was by design or hippy influenced. When i made it back to the rental stand some other throwback chatted me up about math, time descarts and russell. ( English major + weed) 30 years = Awesome bike rental conversationalist.

Right now its saturday night and its pouring outside. I guess tonitie I have to hang out in the hostel bar because theres no way I am heading back out on the streets. Last night I did and met some Irish girls in an Irish bar imagine that. Two of them left me and their friend to talk to some irish guys for like 2 hours then spoent the rest of the night complaing about talking to the the irish guys for so long. Speaking of hostel bars I am shocked that so many hostel staying backpackers bring drinking clothes. I mean like heels and dresses or dress shoes and button up shirts.

Tommorrow is Taste of Chaos Day!!!!!!!! Its going to be so good unless someone on stage says rockland or worse rauwkland which would ruin the concert for me. I hope rise against doesnt judge me for wearing shoes that were made in Thailand.

No comments: