Thursday, July 16, 2009

Last.FM

One of my favorite things about amarok was that you could look up lyrics and wikipedia info about a song playing in the Last.FM client that was built into the player. Last.FM provides players that are usally clunky memroy hogs and dont fit in with your overall desktop be it windows mac or Linux.

I found scrobblepod right when I got my mac to scrobble out of itunes on a smaller system footprint than the last.fm client.

Just recently I found amua a last.fm player that is lightwieght and functions by passing the last.fm stream you select to itunes to play.

In Amarok the trackname, artist and album names were passed to the scripts correctly when listening to aac streams like those from last.fm and WOXY.com Itunes displays the artist and album name but cant seem to pass those values to Dashboard scripts or automator actions.


No comments: