Thursday, June 20, 2013

A .mov that works in Mac Powerpoint 2011 via quicktime export.

Hey have you ever made a quicktime movie in final cut pro only to not have it work in powerpoint?

I made a movie (.mov) using final cut on a university computer and though it would play locally on my laptop in Quicktime it would not work in powerpoint. I do not have final cut or quicktime pro on my laptop.

I tired using VLC to convert it to an avi, but it would drop frames including the last one.

To do a quick conversion to get it to work open the .mov in quicktime and select File -> Export...

On the Formats Menu select anything, like 720p for instance, and export the movie.

Try it in powerpoint!

Some search terms to help land you here:

Quicktime
Mac Office 2011
Powerpoint
Convert .mov for powerpoint
Export quicktime movie
Final Cut
won't work in powerpoint

No comments: